1Password is your password and identity companion. It leaps past simple password storage because 1Password works directly with your browser, saves your user names and passwords, and effortlessly creates strong, unique passwords for each site. 1Password can then automatically and securely log you in, enter credit card information, and fill registration forms, all while encrypting your information with the one password you need to remember.
NOTE for existing 1Password 3.8 users. For better results, please delete the old copy of 1Password before installing the version from Mac App Store.
★ 1Password has won just about every award under the sun! ★
- Macworld 2010 Eddy Award Winner
- Scored 4.5/5 Mice in a Macworld review
- Mac|Life Editor’s Choice with a rating of “Awesome!”
But wait, there’s more! 1Password makes it easy to:
- Use multiple Logins for the same site
- Create multiple Identities for filling into registration forms, surveys, and shopping carts
- Securely sync your data over-the-air between Macs, iPhones, and iPads with Dropbox, or locally over Wi-Fi
- Store other sensitive information in Secure Notes
- Save software licenses and receipts
- Organize everything with tags and folders
This new version of 1Password was re-engineered to leverage the great features in OS X Lion, such as:
- Full-Screen mode
- Better security with compatibility for Sandboxing in Lion
- Even better security with PBKDF2 Calibration
- 64-bit support for a zippy experience
This version also provides:
- **New** Quick access to your data from the menu bar
- Improved support for browser extensions
Of course, what would a secure password and identity companion be without a punny poem?
"Twelve passwords for banks and bills so high,
Seventy for retailers with their online stores,
Ninety for communities of Men to whom I say "Hi",
One for me, 'cause I can't know more
In the land of Crypto where the Secrets lie.
1Password to rule them all, 1Password to find them,
1Password bring them all, and in the vault to bind them
In the land of Crypto where the Secrets lie."
Mobile versions of 1Password are available for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Sync and update using Wi-Fi or over-the-air via Dropbox so your information is always just a tap away.
SUPPORT NOTE #1: We got several reports about not being able to get past the Welcome screen when installing 1Password. If you encounter this issue, please see the "1Password fails to continue after the initial welcome screen" article on our support site.
SUPPORT NOTE #2: We love to hear your feedback. Please remember, we cannot reply to your comments in Mac App Store. If you have a question, please contact us on our support site. Thank you!