||Discover is a completely new way to explore Wikipedia, inviting you to sit back, relax, and expand your knowledge through a delightful experience that doesn't feel like you're reading an encyclopedia.
Launch Discover every day to enjoy a new cover showing featured content from Wikipedia. Read articles from the cover or search for the best articles related to your favorite topics. Articles are presented in elegant multi-pages layouts with large photos for the best reading experience.
Continue your exploration by looking at the best related articles selected by Discover, or by selecting any word and jump to the corresponding Wikipedia article or dictionary definition.
Discover can even be used without an Internet connection to revisit previously viewed covers or articles.
Quotes from the press:
"An amazing e-zine app ... the very definition of what periodical on tablet devices is about" - MacObserver.com
"Succeeds at bringing a magazine format to the Wikipedia experience" - BusinessWeek
"Explore Wikipedia in a new way" - Wall Street Journal
Available only for the English version of Wikipedia.
Read, explore, and search Wikipedia like a rich, glossy magazine.
* COVER OF THE DAY - Shake your iPad to generate a new random cover.
* ARTICLE TABLE OF CONTENTS - Pinch with 2 fingers within the article.
* SEARCH - Swipe down while in a cover or article.
* HISTORY - Swipe up while in a cover or article.
* WIKIPEDIA HYPERLINKS / DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS - Tap and hold any word or phrase in the article's body.
* RELATED ARTICLES - Turn iPad to landscape.
* ARTICLE MAPS & STATS - Swipe right to go to the first page of the article.
Go to your iPad settings > Discover to:
* Clear history.
* Change font and font size.
* Change initial content shown on launch.
On any cover, swipe right to go to the first page.
Please email us at email@example.com.