||"To put it simply, FiRe is a delight to use." FIVE MICE!
- Dale Gardner, MacWorld
"Audiofile Engineering's FiRe application is by far the most advanced stereo audio recording application we've seen for the iPhone and iPod Touch, going far beyond the limitations of previous go-to apps..."
- Donald Bell, CNET Reviews
"Let’s just cut straight to it: this is, bar none, the most full-featured app out there. It’s the first one that would make me seriously consider using this platform for recording."
- Peter Kirn, Create Digital Music
"The app is brilliant, and smart - it does exactly what it should do, and it does it very, very well."
- Gisle Martens Meyer, Journals of GMM
"I am a Senior Editor working in regional radio and just want to say how impressed I am with FiRe."
- User Feedback
FiRe is the world’s first professional field recorder built exclusively for iPhone and iPod touch, brought to you by the minds at Audiofile Engineering. Combining powerful, elegant and uncluttered audio utilities with unparalleled technical support, Audiofile Engineering is one of the most innovative and experienced audio software developers for Mac OS X and the revolutionary iPhone.
FiRe was created for audio professionals by audio professionals. It's powerful enough for the most experienced musicians and recording engineers, and its efficient workflow and intuitive interface makes it a breeze for business and casual use.
FiRe will revolutionize what you expect from a portable recording application. It’s the first iPhone recorder to display an accurate audio waveform in real time, the first to support markers, Broadcast WAVE metadata, and the instant downloading of files in multiple file formats. FiRe was the first application on any platform to offer native SoundCloud integration. As of version 1.3.0, FiRe brings even more firsts including input processing effects Powered by iZotope and the ability to publish a Podcast directly from your iPhone, even converting markers to chapters.
- Record in mono and stereo
- Live waveform view including rectified view
- Live Overview for easy navigation
- Scroll waveform with touch
- Navigate waveform via double-tap with configurable behavior
- Moveable Playback Head
- Tap Playback Head handle to add markers
- Editable Markers list
- Preference to add markers at time intervals
- Overdub mode with playthrough
- Beautiful and accurate VU Input Meters
- VU meters change to output in playback
- Configurable time units display
- Tag Recordings with location data
- Pause gracefully when interrupted by phone call
- Countdown with gorgeous graphics
- Record for... settings
- Record until... settings
- Record over threshold... settings
- Quality settings: Low (11.025 kHz), Medium (22.050 kHz) and High (44.1 kHz)
- Preference to automatically move to end and/or add marker when recording starts
- Preference to limit recordings to 2GB
- Screen rotates 180 degrees for better control of the iPhone's internal mic
- Broadcast WAVE metadata
- Preference for amount of info displayed in Recordings List
- Ability to lock recordings
- Searchable recordings list
- File export via local web server and FTP
- Choice of export file formats: WAVE, AIFF, CAF, AAC, Apple Lossless, AAC, Podcast, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC
- SoundCloud integration (http://soundcloud.com), now including location, picture, email notification, public/private download and SoundCloud metadata
iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPod Touch 2G, orig. iPhone (headset ONLY)
We highly recommend Blue Mikey (http://www.hearmikey.com) for stereo recording!
Blue Mikey WILL NOT work with iPhone 4 or iPad!