||Get the app now before the price goes back to $14.99!
National Geographic’s Handheld Birds™ is available for the iPhone or iPod touch. This is a must have for any bird enthusiast!
Based on the best-selling book, National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, National Geographic Handheld Birds™ is a breakthrough in birding. It was the first North American multimedia software program to empower birders of all levels with easy-to-use interactive referencing capabilities. Fully integrated and completely user-friendly, National Geographic Handheld Birds™ instantly transforms your experience in the field into a vibrant, expertly-guided adventure.
*** Features ***
- Most complete data and highest quality images from National Geographic: Includes more than 1,600 bird images and 650 range maps from the National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, plus other detailed bird information, such as family, features, plumage, similar species, habitat, conservation, voice, foraging and reproduction.
- Vibrant Sound: Nearly four hours of premium-quality birdsong and call playback from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology allows for listening enjoyment and assists with rapid identification in the field.
- Multiple Search Criteria: Search through 867 North American birds by:
FIRST (First Name, Last Name)
LAST (Last Name, First Name)
TAX (Taxonomic Order)
FAM (Family Order)
- Type-to-Find: Can’t find the bird you’re looking for, not a problem. Simply start typing the name of the bird in the search box and the list of birds will automatically update.
- Quick Comparison: Swiftly transition from one bird to the next to easily compare and contrast unique characteristics.
Other great National Geographic products available on the iTunes store:
- National Geographic World Atlas - Easy-to-use, feature packed, and containing the world's best maps. Browse, search and zoom detailed maps of the globe.
- Jigsaw: Animals - A fun puzzle game that stimulates learning about a great assortment of animals, along with their habitats and habits.
- Spot It!: Animals - A classic and engaging photo hunt puzzle game. View two seemingly identical photographs and find the differences between the images.
- Herod's Lost Tomb - Explore the ancient biblical world, uncover hidden archeological clues and help researchers solve the mystery Herod's Lost Tomb in this hidden object game.
- Kingdom of the Blue Whale - A classic jigsaw puzzle game recreated on the iPhone, using over 50 beautiful and highly detailed Blue Whale and undersea images.