||Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition contains over 225,000 definitions. It is the perfect portable resource for teachers, students, writers, and word lovers everywhere.
Reviews of the print edition:
“Firmly established as America’s best-selling dictionary” — Copy Editor.
“Sets a high standard for future desk reference.” — Library Journal.
“A road map to where English is headed” — The Village Voice.
• Dictionary database contains over 90,000 entries.
• Download one of available sound modules to enjoy wider language study capabilities.
• Audio pronunciations made by native speakers.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on you iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expenses.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Search History for the last 100 entries.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• You can clear your search history.
• Landscape mode support.
• iPad support.
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today, the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books and electronic references, popular Web sites and a range of licensed products.