||Longman's flagship learner’s dictionary, fully updated and now with integrated Thesaurus and Collocations Dictionary
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (5th Edition)
- For Advanced Learners (LDOCE5) © 2009
Longman's flagship learner’s dictionary, fully updated in 2009, is now available as an iPhone/iPod touch application. Improve your fluency in English with the most up-to-date learner's dictionary at your fingertips.
Now with integrated Thesaurus and Collocations Dictionary.
● 230,000 words, phrases and meanings - more than any other learner's dictionary
● 165,000 examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network show how English is really used
● Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words.
● The top 3,000 most frequent words in spoken and written English are highlighted to show which are the most important to know.
● Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
● The Academic Word List is highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
● Grammar and warning notes ensure that you avoid the most common errors.
● Integrated Collocations Dictionary. Over 80,000 collocations will improve your fluency.
● Integrated Thesaurus. Over 20,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve your vocabulary range.
♪ 77,000 recorded sound files included -BOTH UK and US pronunciations of all headwords.
♪ 86,000 recorded example sentences (via external links due to size)
Over 19GB of audio!
Making this the largest resource of English available on ANY mobile platform!
● full content of the print dictionary PLUS additional collocations and synonyms
● complete front matter and additional resources
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● NEW! idiom and phrasal verb indexes
● wildcard searches for unknown spellings and quizzes
● hyperlinking internally to lookup meanings and opening appendices
● support for search from other applications
● bookmarks with editable notations
● automatic history
● complete offline use except for example sentence sounds
The ultimate learner's resource of the English language for use anywhere and anytime.
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Fifth Edition (LDOCE5)
© Pearson Education Limited 2009