||On sale for the new iPad launch! Discounted from $6.99.
Express your artistic side with easy to use painting and drawing tools that work just like the real thing! ArtRage packs a powerful physical paint simulation into a creative experience tailor-made for your iPad. Explore a powerful and intuitive environment that lets users of all levels work with a wide range of natural painting and sketching tools.
ArtRage doesn't just drop color on your canvas, it keeps track of how much paint there and how wet it is, so you can blend colors under the brush as you paint, or lay down thick lines of pigment for flattening and smearing with the Palette Knife. Watercolors react to the wetness of the brush and paper beneath, creating hard edged wet strokes or blending to create soft gradients. Canvas grain affects the look of your strokes, and drier pigments break up on the surface to create textured effects. It's not just a special effect, it's a live simulation of the properties of real paint.
By taking care of the complex properties of the tools for you, ArtRage lets you get right down to expressing yourself without needing to learn settings or image processing techniques.
Add Layers to your painting to work on individual elements without damaging others. ArtRage supports a wide range of industry standard Blend Modes and lets you manipulate objects on each layer, scaling moving and rotating them.
Import photos, converting them to oil for smearing, or as Reference Images pinned to the canvas as a guide while you work. You can load photos as Tracing Images that are overlaid on the canvas, and have ArtRage select colors from them automatically as you paint.
The interface has been designed specifically for the iPad, compacted to maximize your creative space without hiding away critical functions such as tool and color selection. As you paint, it gets out of the way so that you don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels. With support for Multi-Touch gestures, important shortcuts are available without needing any interface.
Real World Painting Tools:
- High quality strokes respect the volume of paint on the canvas, letting you play with texture as well as color.
- Oil Brush with thickness and smearing.
- Watercolor tracks tool and paper wetness as you paint.
- Palette Knife for spreading and blending pigment.
- Paint Roller & Paint Tube.
- Inking Pen with auto-smoothing and pressure simulation.
- Marker Pen.
- Chalk & Crayon.
- Flood Fill.
- Settings for fine control of each tool, and custom tool presets for storing favorites.
- Record your paintings, export the recording and play it back in a desktop version of ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro to recreate your art at higher resolution!
- Unlimited layers.
- Blend Modes including all Photoshop standards.
- Easy access to visibility/opacity.
- Preservation of transparency.
- Layer transformations.
- Unlimited Undo / Redo.
- Reference & Tracing Images.
- Unlimited color samples.
- Up 1440 x 1440 on iPad 1, 2048 x 2048 on iPad 2 or later.
- Uses shared file space so you can transfer files to and from your desktop computer.
- Export PNG by email, or export to your Photos App.
- Import photos to a new file or a layer.
iPad 2 or later:
- Use the camera as a source for New Files, References, Layers, or Tracing Images.
- Full support for Retina display iPads.
- Supports all screen orientations.
- Easy access pods in the corners provide important functionality without getting in the way.
- Elements vanish as you paint so you can paint underneath without having to stop.
- Multi-Touch provides instant shortcuts for canvas manipulation, Undo/Redo, and Brush Size.
- Tap and drag shortcut for sele