|Author||Generic Company Place Holder|
|Description||* Rowmote brings the simplicity and power of the Apple hardware remote, with perfect control of dozens of applications, to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch! Please read more below :) *
You love the remote control which came with your Mac - so simple yet elegant, with easy control of Front Row, iTunes, Quicktime, DVD Player, Keynote, and more.
Or, your Mac didn’t come with a remote control or doesn’t even have an infrared port. Buying a remote control, from Apple or a third party, would carry a significant cost!
You carry your iPhone or iPod Touch wherever you go... so why should you carry a second device just to control your computer? Furthermore, why should you need line-of-sight to do so?
Enter Rowmote! Rowmote is like your Mac or Apple TV’s remote control, but over the wireless network and even better! By tapping the Apps button, you get bonus abilities, switching between controlled programs, toggling the iTunes Visualizer, and more. Rowmote will even wake sleeping Macs.
- Control your Mac or Apple TV over a wireless network. No line of sight necessary.
- Functions just like the hardware Apple Remote Control in:
• Front Row
• Adobe Lightroom
• Airfoil Video
• Apple TV (after software installation)
• DVD Player
• eyeTV 3.x
• Hulu Desktop
• Keynote ‘08 & ‘09
• kJams Pro
• Logic Pro
• Microsoft Powerpoint ‘04 & ‘08
• OpenOffice Impress
• The Tube
• xbmc (Xbox Media Center)
- SWITCH: Access your Mac’s Dock, launching & switch between all controllable applications on the Mac, toggle the iTunes visualizer, and more. Order & display customizable.
- Click-and-hold works just like on the physical remote in applications; for example, holding the right button fast-forwards, while a single click is ‘next’. This is a feature no other iPhone remote control I know of does properly!
- SLEEP AND WAKE: Put your Mac to sleep by holding the Play button for 3 seconds while controlling any Apple application, just like the hardware remote. Rowmote automatically wakes up sleeping machines which are connected via Ethernet!
- Automatically enables Front Row in Mac OS X 10.4, even if your computer doesn’t have an infrared port.
- Secure authentication
- Optional dark interface
• Mac OS X 10.4.0 or later, or an Apple TV
• Mac: The free Rowmote Helper program, which may be downloaded at www.rowmote.com, must be running on the Mac to be controlled.
• Apple TV: Apple TV installation requires a USB keychain drive and following the multistep instructions found at www.rowmote.com. Please review these instructions, which include installing free third party software on your Apple TV, before purchasing!
• The iPhone or iPod Touch must be on the same wireless network (a computer-to-computer, or ‘Ad Hoc’, network works, as well). If a firewall is enabled, Rowmote Helper must be allowed access or port 5842 must be opened.
Rowmote is a steal! Couple it with Apple’s free Remote app to turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into the ultimate controller for home stereo, mobile presentation, or casual video viewing.
The artwork of Rowmote was designed by Rik Schennink.
- OS X
- Business Software
- Utility Software
- Social Media
- Entertainment Software
- Operating Systems
- Books Software
- Education Software
- Graphics and Design Software
- Health and Fitness Software
- Medical Software
- Lifestyle Software
- GPS and Navigation
- News Software
- Web Apps