|Current Version||Version: 1.0|
|Description||✯Know your seafood✯
Want to make the right seafood choices for your health and your planet but can't remember all the facts and recommendations when you need them at the grocery store or restaurant? Get Safe Seafood to help you find the right answers and make informed decisions quickly and easily.
Our actions are rapidly destroying the oceans, lakes, and rivers that cover most of our planet. Rising contaminant levels make many seafood alternatives unsafe for you or your family to eat. Thankfully, numerous environmental groups and governments agencies do thorough research and publish results on contaminant levels and the environmental impact of different seafood alternatives. However, remembering this information when you need it at the grocery store or restaurant is no easy task.
Safe Seafood makes this information easily available when and where you need it. Developed using data from a wide range of reputable sources, including multiple environmental research and advocacy groups, government agencies, and academic research, this definitive guide provides recommendations for over 100 seafood alternatives in a clear and easy to understand format.
10% of all proceeds from the sale of this guide will be donated to the Environmental Defense Fund, whose research and activism continues to protect our oceans.
- Over 100 different seafood alternatives with recommendations, pictures, and text descriptions included for each item
- View detailed ratings for each item showing population health, contaminant levels, and environmental impact
- See alternatives easily either in ranked or alphabetical order
- Jump to a given fish quickly using the alphabetical list along the side of the screen
- Fish with multiple different market names are listed by each of commonly used names
- No internet connection required to view recommendations and detail views for fast and reliable viewing
- Access the Wikipedia entry for the item by clicking a single button at the bottom of the screen
Look for more features and up-to-date content as we continue to improve this application with free updates.