|Author||Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd|
|File Size||4.6451728E7 MB|
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
Over 9 million Lonely Planet apps downloaded
The world’s favorite guidebook, enhanced with iPhone-smartness
# GPS tracking and offline maps (so you can avoid data roaming charges)
# Hundreds of recommended places to visit & things to do
# Extensive editorial content from our guidebooks
# All wrapped up in an intuitive, easy to use app where everything is only a few touches away
Let other cities build grand monuments. San Francisco days are better spent sunning by the bay and digesting lavish seafood dinners – no matter whether you’re a human or a sea lion that’s bellyflopped on Pier 39. Outlandish behaviour comes with the territory here. What with all the earthquakes and eccentrics, this peninsula keeps only a tentative hold on the planet, not to mention the continental US. But as any San Franciscan will tell you, gravity is overrated, anyway.
# GPS TRACKING & OFFLINE MAPS
- There’s no need to go online to find out where you are or where you’re going. Our detailed street maps are fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full color styling and six-level zoom.
# HUNDREDS OF RECOMMENDED PLACES TO VISIT & THINGS TO DO
- Discover the best of the city with hundreds of author recommended points-of-interest covering sights, shopping, places to eat, places to go out, hotels, activities and events.
- Points-of-interest include Lonely Planet reviews, practical information such as opening hours, address, contact details, and price range, and map
- Browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighborhood, or type
# EXTENSIVE EDITORIAL CONTENT FROM OUR GUIDEBOOKS
- City and neighborhood overviews – Get a sense of the city and its neighborhoods so you know what to expect and where you want to explore.
- ‘Things to do’ overviews – Hit the ground running after reading up on the local scene for shopping, dining, going out, and hotels
- Background information - Learn more about some of the city's key features and what makes it tick, with content covering history, the arts, the environment and more.
- Practical information – A need-to-know directory right at your fingertips. How to get around, money and tipping, medical services and much more.
# EASY TO USE
- Swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and filter your selections with a flick of your finger
#LONELY PLANET IMAGES
- If you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
If you’re a jetsetter, check out our 130+ (and counting) other city guides and travel phrasebooks!