|Current Version||Version: 1.2.3|
|Description||Featured on TUAW: http://j.mp/ptuaw
Featured on MacWorld: http://j.mp/5gglZc
READ THE FAQ: http://j.mp/ptfaq
PlaceTagger works wonderfully, but some may have questions as to how it functions. Please, simply ask for help on our forums if you need assistance.
This is the best and easiest to use geotagging software for iPhone. Its simple 1-touch interface makes recording location data for photo shoots easier than any other solution on the market today. PlaceTagger is an end to end solution. It comes with a simple step-by-step guide to help you get started.
PlaceTagger works by recording location data periodically in a care free manner and offers options to increase accuracy or reduce battery usage. When you're done taking pictures, just connect to the same WiFi network with your iPhone and Leopard-based Mac and let PlaceTagger do the rest.
The free geotagging software for your Leopard-based Mac automatically finds your iPhone so you don't have to type confusing addresses. From there, just select the pictures you took on your digital camera and PlaceTagger will tag them with just one more click. You can even preview the location on a map before writing the location data to your photos.
Did we mention that PlaceTagger also comes with a free Aperture plugin for the enthusiasts and professionals? It works just like the free standalone application for Leopard-based Macs. Windows users can use GPX export and apps like RoboGeo for Windows to geotag using PlaceTagger.
- iOS4 Background Support!*
- Google Maps
- Records location data over time
- Simple and advanced mode for settings so you can control accuracy vs. battery life
- Free software for your Leopard-based Mac geotags your pictures
- Free Aperture plugin geotags your pictures (choose "Update EXIF from Master" after exiting PlaceTagger to update EXIF data on your exports)
- Free desktop applications can interpolate between recorded locations (optionally) to give you the most flexible geotagging experience possible
- Supports many image formats (jpg/jpeg, tiff/tif, png, jng, mng, cr2, crw, ciff, nef, erf, mef, mrw, orf, pef, raf, raw, hdp, wdp, gif, dng)
- Export to GPX or our own XML format via email
Notes for first generation iPhone users:
-You will experience greatly reduced location accuracy since the original iPhone did not have GPS hardware
-You may have to switch on "advanced settings" and set the "accuracy" setting to 1km or 3km for proper recording
Notes for Aperture plugin users:
-After geotagging, make sure to right-click the exports and choose "Update EXIF From Master" after tagging.
Notes for Lightroom users:
- You can email yourself a GPX file from PlaceTagger and use the file in conjunction with Jeffrey Friedl's free Lightroom geotagging plugin from http://bit.ly/jgeotag
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEE OUR FORUMS.
Free desktop software: http://return7.com
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Check out our other software awesome software. Search for return7.
- OS X
- Business Software
- Utility Software
- Social networking
- Entertainment Software
- Operating Systems
- OS & System Enhancement
- Books Software
- Education Software
- Graphics & Design Software
- Health & Fitness Software
- Medical Software
- Lifestyle Software
- GPS & Navigation
- News Software
- Video Software
- Web & communication