||Rowmote Pro is the ultimate wireless remote, trackpad, and keyboard. A gorgeous universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, with everything from a multitouch trackpad to full extended keyboard support, and with no-configuration control of dozens of the best Mac applications, it is a must-have for any home media center or presentation! Please read the full description and requirements below :)
You love the remote control which came with your Mac - so simple yet elegant, with easy control of Front Row, iTunes, Quicktime, DVD Player, Keynote, and more.
Or, your Mac didn’t come with a remote control or doesn’t even have an infrared port. The Apple Remote or a 3rd party infrared receiver would cost a significant amount. Add ANOTHER hit to your wallet for a wireless keyboard and mouse!
You carry your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad wherever you go... so why should you carry a second device just to control your computer? Furthermore, why should you need line-of-sight to do so?
Enter Rowmote Pro! Rowmote Pro is like your Mac or Apple TV’s remote control, but over the wireless network and even better! Trackpad and keyboard give you complete control over your computer, and you can control, launch, and quit apps, toggle the iTunes Visualizer, and more without ever having to squint at your screen. Rowmote is Mac-like from the ground up.
- Control your Mac or Apple TV completely over a wireless network. No line of sight necessary.
- Works like the hardware Apple Remote Control in:
• Front Row
• Adobe Lightroom 2
• Airfoil Video
• Apple TV (after software installation)
• DVD Player
• eyeTV 3.x
• Hulu Desktop
• Keynote ‘08 & ‘09
• kJams Pro
• Microsoft Powerpoint ‘04 & ‘08
• OpenOffice Impress
• The Tube
• xbmc (Xbox Media Center)
- Click-and-hold works just like on the physical remote in applications
PRO CONTROL: A single tap switches to the keyboard & trackpad mode.
- Portrait & landscape mode
- Scroll with two fingers, right click, drag, and pinch to zoom (multitouch)
- Tap anywhere or use the virtual button
- Type on your computer, including extended characters, modifier keys, and function keys
- Multiple monitor support
- SWITCH: Access your Mac’s Dock, launching & switch between all controllable applications on the Mac, toggle the iTunes visualizer, and more.
- Sleep & wake as needed (wireless waking requires Mac OS X 10.6).
- iPad exclusive: Innovative Gesture Pad for no-look control over all the above applications; the Gesture Pad doubles as a trackpad, too.
- Secure authentication
- Connect via Bluetooth if your carrier supports Internet Tethering (iPhone / iPod Touch)
• Mac OS X 10.4.0 or later
• The free Rowmote Helper program, downloadable at rowmote.com, must be running on the Mac to be controlled. Apple TV requires additional installation; please see http://rowmote.com for instructions before purchasing.
• The portable device must be on the same wireless network (a computer-to-computer network works, as well). If a firewall is enabled, Rowmote Helper must be allowed access (port 5842).
Rowmote Pro is the only app you need to control your computer. Couple it with Apple’s free Remote app to turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into the ultimate controller for home stereo, mobile presentation, or casual video viewing.
Artwork of Rowmote Pro is by Rik Schennink.