||= App of the Week in the UK iTunes App Store! (Feb 24, 2011)
= Top choice in the Car Find Category, AppAdvice.com [Essential Apps]
= Gizmodo.com : "Honk's the Swiss Army Knife parking app...It not only helps you find your car but helps you do so before you risk getting a parking ticket, and it looks great through and through...I can't really think of how it could get better without paying my outstanding parking tickets for me." [App of the Day]
= Cult of Mac : "Honk is a stroke of simple genius, and it’s not often you come across a one dollar app that could potentially save you a small fortune." [5 out of 5 stars][Must Have App]
= 148apps.com : "there’s really no excuse not to buy honk, as it’ll save you a ton of money in future tickets" [4.6 out of 5 stars]
= Macgasm.net : "Honk uses icon badges in a genius way."
= MacStories.net : ".. these map and sketch features alone refilled my like-meter: they definitely made the app for me.."
= GPS Ratings : "[Honk is] yet another reason iPhone is such a life saver."
= iPhoneAppsFinder [5 out of 5 stars]
= Featured New and Noteworthy & What's Hot & Staff Favorites in the App Stores around the world
= #1 Navigation in the UK, Top 5 Navigation App in the US App Store!
Honk is an App for iPhone and iPad that saves you from another parking ticket with a swipe of your finger. Honk helps find your way back to the car through its unique handwritten memo, photo, and automatic GPS functions. It also sports the minute-by-minute update of remaining time on the meter on its Icon badge.
Unlike other apps, it is super simple to use: Simply swipe your finger across the meter to set how long you plan to park. As you quit Honk, it will mark your parking location on the map, and when the time comes to head back to your car, it will honk you. On your home screen, its icon will also display the remaining minutes. Just a quick glance, you can go back to your important conversation with a peaceful mind!
Have you ever forgotten where you parked, and embarrassed yourself on the wrong floor, while your family had to follow you along one painful step after another? And it was January in Boston? Some apps try to help you, but their overcomplicated controls make you feel like you are trying to heist a federal bank instead of just marking your parking spot.
Use Honk's simple note pad to scribble down your spot, in a language of your choice, using the most trusted tool you have: your index finger. It also allows you to take a snapshot of your spot and superimpose the photo on your handwritten memo. Of course, Honk has a built-in map with useful functions to guide you safely back to your parked car.
Parking has never been this fun! Honk if you agree.
- Simple, intuitive interface to set the parking meter alarm. A single swipe will do for most situations!
- Honk updates your remaining time on its App Icon. A quick glance at your home screen, your mind at peace.
- Smooth and easy handwritten memo to further help you with marking the parking spot.
- Take a Photo, and annotate it with your handwritten memo.
- Honk uses the highest level accuracy available for the phone and marks your location when you either set the meter alarm or add a memo/photo automatically. You may also manually move their pins on the map when the GPS accuracy falls short. The car pin will also show you how far it is from your current location.
- Auto-orienting map for units with built-in compass, and whenever possible, Honk will annotate the locations with human-friendly addresses.
- Accomodate many different types of meter with long (up to 24 hours) and short time limits; Adjust how Honk should issue its alarms.
- Soft, regular as well as the Library- and the Shopping Mall- alarm level options.
- Gorgeous backgro