★ Sports Theme Just Added With 350+ New Vocabulary Words! ★
★★★ iTunes Featured Back to School "Write Away" App!
★★★ Featured in Everything Mom's "Best Educational Apps For Kids."
★★★ "I wish I had thought of that." – iApps for Teachers
★★★ "This handy little app is perfect for writers, party games and quizzing kids" – App Advice
Shake-a-Phrase is a fun language app that teaches vocabulary and parts of speech for ages 8+. Perfect for learning and laughing on-the-go, this lightweight app features over 2,000 words and definitions in 5 colorful and engaging themes.
There are 3 ways to shake up a storm of wacky, funny sentences:
• Shake It: creates a new random sentence every time you shake - great for discovering new words. Not sure what a word means? Just tap for definitions!
• Story Starter: shake up the beginning of a story and let your imagination take over.
• Quiz Me: test your skills with adjectives, verbs and nouns. Tap on the right words to get points and gain levels.
The addictive language fun in Shake-a-Phrase will encourage children to:
• Read the silly, entertaining sentences
• Discover the meanings of unfamiliar words
• Create their own writing projects
• Test their knowledge of verbs, adjectives and nouns
• Share language arts fun with friends and family
- 2,000+ age-appropriate vocabulary words, compiled by teachers and parents
- Designed for iPhone and iPad – a universal app
- Story Starter prompts suitable for school projects
- 5 colorful, inspiring content themes: Sports, Animals, Fairytale, Monsters and Starter
- Quiz mode tests your knowledge of nouns, adjectives and verbs – or any combination of the three
- Correct and incorrect answers are easy to see
- Correct quiz answers are rewarded with an audible ping and bonus icons as the levels increase – no penalty for wrong answers
- Save the most hilarious sentences to your Faves library
- Email wacky sentences to your friends
We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback.
Thanks for trying Shake-a-Phrase!
Artgig is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10, 11-12, parents
Categories: Games, Reading, Sight Words, Spelling, Vocabulary, Parents