||★★★ “What Does It Mean to Be Global” is a bilingual book app thinks like a classroom teacher." - Diane Darrow, 2011 Apple Distinguished Educator
★★★ "I like the "simplicity level it brings to the kids, the way teachers can "incorporate" these ideas to their students and help them to understand the differences!" - Cassie, Mom and App reviewer
Learn the goodness in exploring, appreciating, and respecting other children's traditions, religions, and values the world over! An interactive, multi-media, and bilingual app for parents and educators to teach children about the goodness in exploring, appreciating, and respecting other children's traditions, religions, and values the world over. Have you ever visited the pyramids? Do you like sushi? Can you say hello in Swahili? Discover what it means to be global in this whimsically-drawn and thoughtfully-told animated and interactive story that includes hands-on activities that reinforces the key concepts within the book.
* Award-winning content in English and Spanish (for ages 4 & up): What Does It Mean To Be Global? book has won 6 industry awards
* Storybook available in Read To Me and Touch & Read formats - on each page the user can toggle between English and Spanish.
* Read To Me includes word highlighting in sync with the voice narration, which helps kids with the pronunciation and spelling of new words
* Features more than 50+ animations and touch-based interactions that complement the key educational concepts within the book
* A handson journal activity for kids to write, illustrate and share their own global experience - a great classroom activity
* Touch-based quiz game that demonstrates how to say "hello" in multiple languages
* Coloring activity enables kids to color a page within the book with the color swatches
* Includes an award-winning, rhythmic Global song with animations that kids would love to sing-along with
About the media publisher: Little Pickle Press (http://littlepicklepress.com) is a 21st century publisher of award-winning media for children. The Company is dedicated to helping parents and educators cultivate conscious, responsible little people by stimulating explorations of the meaningful topics of their generation through a variety of media, technologies, and techniques.
About Kite Readers (http://www.kitereaders.com)
Kite Readers, inspired by Benjamin Franklin’s love for books, publishing and penmanship as well as his prolific inventiveness, develops fun, educational and interactive children’s muli-media book apps for Android and iOS.