- Massive update plugs many feature holes
- Notification system is vastly improved
- Finally makes iOS devices viable without computer
- Twitter integration buggy in places
- Lack of dictation on older hardware disappointing
- Reminders app missing logical features
At A Glance
We've not yet met the iOS update that we wouldn't recommend, and iOS 5 is certainly the most far-reaching and feature-rich upgrade to date. That said, it's not without its bugs and strange behaviors. But it's clearly paving ground for a lot of key functionality in the future, and even a lack of polish shouldn't keep you from upgrading.