|Current Version||Version: 1.2.4 (iOS 4.0 Tested)|
|Author||Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd|
|Description||Don’t want to feel like a barbarian at the gates? Now you can hold the Eternal City in your palm, with Lonely Planet’s Rome Cityguide on your iPhone. This really is the essential guide to one of the world’s great travel destinations: packed with independent views, reviews and local knowledge. From Trastevere to the Trevi Fountain, our two resident authors clocked up over 800 hours of research to bring you everything you need to know.
All we lacked to really bring this guide to life was the iPhone: need to know the best bars near the Piazza Navona? our comprehensive, interactive maps can pinpoint the places to be ; just arrived at Stazioni Termini, tired and hungry? sort the best hotels and restaurants by category and proximity, then click to ring or surf; stuck at the airport and want to get a sense of where you’re headed? our lavish images and in-depth history, culture, food and language chapters will set you right. And you can forget ruinous roaming connection costs: our Cityguides all work as stand-alone apps. Tutto Bene!
LONELY PLANET iPHONE CITY GUIDES
Imagine taking the world's favourite guidebook and making the information interactive, personalised and fully searchable. Imagine dynamic maps that plot your exact location, guiding you through the quirky, the curious and the straight-up compulsory experiences recommended by our community of on-the-road authors and users. Now imagine that guidebook on your iPhone, with you wherever you travel. Well, imagine no more: the world's favourite guidebook has just arrived on the world's favourite phone.
• EASY TO USE - swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and turn pages with a flick of your finger
• OFFLINE MAPS – there’s no need to go online to access our detailed street maps, fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full-colour styling and six-level zoom
• TONS TO SEE AND DO – choose how to search through hundreds of geo-coded points-of-interest (POIs) – by proximity, category, preferences or favourites – then just tap to visit the website, or place a direct call
• TEXT SEARCH – whether you’re into ‘live music' or ‘fine dining’, every article and POI in your guidebook is text-searchable
• LOCATION-BASED NAVIGATION – plot your location in real time on our interactive maps, exploring back streets and hidden treasures with no danger of losing your way
• WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS ... – if you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
• PERSONALISATION – tailor your cityguide to your tastes by tagging the best POIs as ‘favourites’
• MONEY SAVING – forget roaming costs, our apps are designed for offline use, and only take up the room of an average album on your iPod
We'd love to hear your feedback, feature requests and ideas.