|Current Version||Version: 1.2.4 (iOS 4.0 Tested)|
|Author||Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd|
|Description||'For reliable and authoritative travel information reach for your Lonely Planet guide.' – The Times
Booming, beautiful, bottom-heavy Miami is one of the most vital and exciting cities in the country, and with Lonely Planet’s Cityguide on your iPhone, you won’t miss a beat. Politically, this city is part of the United States; culturally, it’s in Latin America, and from South Beach to Plaza De España we’ve scoured the barrios to bring you the best it has to offer. Our resident authors and eagle-eyed community of users co-operate to make sure you get the latest intelligence on the best places to eat, shop, dance, drink and sun yourself in this subtropical playground.
We’ve fully retooled this acclaimed title to get the best out of your iPhone, offering dynamic, interactive maps that allow you to plot your exact location and find the nearest points of interest; detailed chapters on South Florida culture and history, local food, sport and arts, and even a ‘Greendex’ that lets you minimise your environmental impact; vivid, high-quality images to give you a sense of what to expect; hundreds of independently-reviewed venues to suit all budgets; and interviews with locals to give you the inside dope on Magic City. And no matter how humid it gets, roaming internet costs won’t make you sweat: our Cityguides are fully stand-alone apps.
LONELY PLANET iPHONE CITY GUIDES
Imagine taking the world's favourite guidebook and making the information interactive, personalised and fully searchable. Imagine dynamic maps that plot your exact location, guiding you through the quirky, the curious and the straight-up compulsory experiences recommended by our community of on-the-road authors and users. Now imagine that guidebook on your iPhone, with you wherever you travel. Well, imagine no more: the world's favourite guidebook has just arrived on the world's favourite phone.
• EASY TO USE - swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and turn pages with a flick of your finger
• OFFLINE MAPS – there’s no need to go online to access our detailed street maps, fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full-colour styling and six-level zoom
• TONS TO SEE AND DO – choose how to search through hundreds of geo-coded points-of-interest (POIs) – by proximity, category, preferences or favourites – then just tap to visit the website, or place a direct call
• TEXT SEARCH – whether you’re into ‘live music' or ‘fine dining’, every article and POI in your guidebook is text-searchable
• LOCATION-BASED NAVIGATION – plot your location in real time on our interactive maps, exploring back streets and hidden treasures with no danger of losing your way
• WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS ... – if you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
• PERSONALISATION – tailor your cityguide to your tastes by tagging the best POIs as ‘favourites’
• MONEY SAVING – forget roaming costs, our apps are designed for offline use, and only take up the room of an average album on your iPod
• MORE THAN 30 CITYGUIDES AVAILABLE – including London, New York, Melbourne, Dublin, Barcelona, Rome, Tokyo, Paris, San Francisco, Amsterdam, Bangkok, Madrid, Prague, Seoul, Dubai, Berlin, Cape Town, Singapore and Mexico City, with more coming soon
We'd love to hear your feedback, feature requests and ideas.