1. Federal Judge Wants to Split Microsoft.
One company gets control of Windows; the other will control Office, Internet Explorer, and software. Bill Gates, Paul Allen to share custody of Steve Ballmer.
2. Napster Faces Lawsuits from Metallica, Dr. Dre.
Whitesnake wonders why its lawsuit hasn't generated media coverage, fan backlash.
3. Steve Jobs Speaks at Macworld Expo in New York.
CEO thrills crowd with OS X talk, six costume changes, and a rousing rendition of "You'll Never Walk Alone."
4. Dot-com Craze Crashes and Burns.
Old options: 10,000 pre-IPO shares at a $12 strike price. New options: Hamburger Helper or Top Ramen.
5. Despite Legal Woes, Bill Gates Still World's Richest Man.
"It's all a damn popularity contest," fumes disappointed Sultan of Brunei.