Apple’s iPhone-friendly MobileMe syncing service had a rocky start and even two weeks after its launch, users are still experiencing issues accessing the service. In a posting to its MobileMe status page, Apple said they are working 24/7 to fix the problems.
“The day we launched MobileMe, we had a lot more traffic to our servers than we anticipated, with the result that access to the web versions of the MobileMe applications — Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Gallery, iDisk — was temporarily unavailable,” The note on Apple’s Web site reads.
According to Apple the mail outage affected one percent of MobileMe members. Adding to those problems was a mail server issue that blocked member access to their accounts. While partial access to mail has been restored Apple said “approximately 10% of the messages received between July 16 and July 18” had been lost.
The company said they have fixed over 70 bugs including one that was preventing the syncing of the mail folders with Apple’s Mail application and Outlook. Another issue correcting display issues in the calendar have also been fixed.
Apple promised another update this weekend to keep users informed of its progress.