The annual Game Developers Conference was held this week, and the iPhone played a big part in the GDC festivities. Many developers were demonstrating their iPhone games, solidifying the iPhone as a gaming platform.
In this video, we take a look at five new iPhone games: Star Defense and LiveFire from ngmoco; Space Trader from HermitWorks; Dexter The Game from Marc Ecko Entertainment; and Defend Your Castle from XGen Studios.
Download Macworld Video #101
- Format: MPEG-4/H.264
- Resolution: 320 x 240 (iPhone & iPod compatible)
- Size: 10.4MB
- Length: 3 minutes, 40 seconds
These games are so new that the developers haven’t even posted information on their Web sites yet. Here are the links to the developer’s Web sites, so you can check in later to get more game info.
- HermitWorks (The Space Trader product page doesn’t have iPhone info yet.)
- Marc Ecko Entertainment
- XGen Studios (The Defend Your Castle product page doesn’t have iPhone info yet.)
There was plenty of game news from the GDC.
- Macworld assistant editor Chris Holt talked to ngmoco’s NeilYoung about the iPhone games market (Young also had a keynote speech at the GDC)
- Freeverse released Commander: Napoleon at War for Mac
- OnLive game service promises video games on Macs, PCs
- iPhone dominates IGF Mobile Games Awards
- EA Mobile reveals 2009 iPhone game lineup
- Playdom, Mobsters coming to iPhone
- Com2us plans baseball games for iPhone
To subscribe to the Macworld Video Podcast using iTunes 5 or later, click here.
You can also see a complete archive of all our videos on Macworld’s YouTube channel. Subscribe to that channels and you will be notified whenever we post a new video.
Or just point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader to: