Apple CEO Steve Jobs thinks the company has a good chance of doubling its market share, according to a new
Though he thinks the difficult times in the technology sector will last through, at least, the end of the year, Apple’s focus on good design will help it thrive while some companies will go out of business.
“We’re experiencing more people interested in switching to Mac than any time I can remember in the last few years,” Jobs said. “We are trying to innovate our way through this year as we navigate through this difficult time and so far that is working pretty well.”
He predicted future success for the company as home computers became hubs for all the digital activities users get up to such as taking digital photographs and burning CDs of digital music. And while Apple’s market share of the home computer market remains around 5 percent, Jobs said this was still bigger than Mercedes and BMW could boast in the US car market.
“Our market share is small, but by no means small enough to be inconsequential,” he said, noting that Apple is in a good position to double its market share. “The great thing is when you have 5 percent market share, all you have to do is convince another five out of the other 95 percent to switch and you have doubled your market share.”