A Quick Look at the World of Tech
1. Cobalt Networks threatens to sue Apple over new G4’s cube shape. Jittery Professor Rubik retains legal counsel “just in case.”
2. Apple blows away critics by meeting deadline for releasing OS X beta. If OS X beta isn’t out when you read this, please delete everything between “blows” and “deadline.”
3. Publishing world convenes at Seybold conference in San Francisco. Highlights include Steve Jobs keynote, Adobe-Quark steel-cage match.
4. Adobe Photoshop 6 ships. “Now we can doctor photos more convincingly,” exult tabloid publishers.
5. Apple ranked No. 36 in World’s Most Valuable Brand survey. But it’s sure to move up after Mickey Mouse (No. 8), Nike Swoosh (No. 30) found in illicit tryst.