Aspyr Media has posted
a version 1.1 patch for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, its recently released music game. The update is recommended for all users, according to Aspyr.
Guitar Hero III includes a guitar-shaped USB game controller. You try to match notes with what’s happening on the screen using five buttons on the controller’s neck and a strum bar, to the tune of some of the most popular rock and roll songs ever recorded.
Changes in the 1.1 release include:
- Adds Co-op Quickplay game mode for Online multiplayer.
- The skeleton in the ShankerÕs Island venue now displays correctly on all supported graphics cards.
- Fixes a bug that caused the animations for LouÕs puppet to fall out of sync.
- The Leaderboards now update more quickly.
- Fixes an issue that caused some rare instability when joining Online multiplayer games.
- Fixes a bug that caused some finished games to be listed in Online game searches.
- Fixes an issue where menus would become corrupted when Demonware servers are under maintenance.
- Fixes pauses, rare freezes, and other strange behaviors that were occurring on the Video Shoot venue.
- Fixes a bug where practicing a section of a song before entering an online match results in starting from that point in the song.
- The game signal strength indicators now display accurately instead of always being red.
- Playing a Practice song then playing the same song in Quickplay or Career no longer crashes the game.