At a Glance
- Classic design
- Great balance of capability and mobility
- Improved battery life
- Inclusion of SuperDrive improves value
- Higher resolution
- Complete feature set
- Still a little pricey compared with Windows alternatives
- Higher resolution may make on-screen objects too small for some users
- No increase in performance
Apple consolidates its 15-inch PowerBook offerings into a single 1.67GHz machine with a SuperDrive. The new model features a higher-resolution display than the previous 15-inch configuration; battery life has also been improved by an hour. Like the 17-inch PowerBook, the 15-inch model ships with DDR2 RAM.
The latest improvements to the PowerBook line are hardly revolutionary, but they’re all welcome. The 15-inch PowerBook is still a little pricey compared with Windows alternatives, but it’s a superb system, and with a faster processor and SuperDrive now standard at $1,999, it’s a better value than it used to be.