A few weeks after overhauling its Remote app for iOS devices, Apple has released a 2.0.1 update to fix a number of bugs and performance issues.
According to Apple’s notes, 2.0.1 does the following:
- Includes stability and performance improvements.
- Improves performance using Remote on an iPhone when Bluetooth is enabled.
- Addresses a problem browsing artists with a large number of albums.
- Addresses some issues waking up computers when using Home Sharing.
- Addresses some issues with connecting to an iTunes library or Apple TV when using Home Sharing or a Passcode.
- Addresses some issues with connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
Since updating to Remote app 2.0 and the new Apple TV () a few weeks ago, I noticed very sluggish responsiveness to my swipes in the app after waking the Apple TV from sleep. A quick test with 2.0.1 shows my problem is thankfully no longer an issue.