If you’ve run into bugs or other strange behavior in the latest versions of iMovie or GarageBand, there is reason to rekindle hope for a cure. After pushing three
updates out the door in recent months, Apple finally turned its attention attention to iLife ’11’s other two starlets.
New in iMovie 9.0.1 are fixes for applying stabilization to clips shot with an iPhone or iPod touch, Facebook passwords that contain special characters, and more. Specifically, the 9.0.1 update:
- Fixes an issue where stabilization would not be applied correctly to some video clips from iPhone and iPod touch.
- Fixes an issue that prevented use of some valid Facebook passwords that contained non-alphanumeric characters.
- Improves compatibility with some cameras that create content in multiple formats.
- Improves performance when scrolling the Project Library.
GarageBand 6.0.1 tackles similar issues of stability and compatibility:
- Fixes an issue related to undoing Flex Time edits
- Removes occasional latency that can occur on guitar tracks
- Restores ability to use the Quantize Note Timing menu for tracks with Groove Matching
These small patches should be waiting for you in Software Update.