A partnership between Apple and an equally iconic company to make iPod accessories and the release of a major update to one of the flagship desktop publishing products on the Mac highlighted the week’s news. And we’ve got the scoop on both in the latest installment of the Macworld Podcast.
First, there’s Apple’s agreement with Nike to launch a line of Nike+iPod accessories, starting with the Nike+iPod Sport Kit. Playlist Senior Reviews Editor Dan Frakes talks about this wireless system for Nike+ footwear that displays time, distance, and other data on your iPod nano.
The same day Apple and Nike unveiled their partnership in New York, Quark was also on-hand in the Big Apple to launch QuarkXPress 7, the new version of its page-layout application. Senior News Editor Peter Cohen was at Quark’s New York press event and offers his thoughts on what to expect in the update.
Also in this episode, we continue with audio comments from readers that we first began sharing in Episode #38.
Listen to episode 40
To subscribe to the Macworld Podcast via iTunes 4.9 or later, simply click here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at:
Interested in podcasting? Visit our podcasting topic page for tips, how-tos, and podcasting news. You’ll also find the archive of the Macworld Podcast episodes.
I welcome any and all feedback about the show. Let me know what you like about the podcast and how we can improve it in the attached forum thread, linked below. Or email me directly. Also, check out the Macworld Podcast Listener Frappr Map —add yourself today!
- In addition to our news coverage of the Quark product launch, we’ve also posted a review of QuarkXPress 7.
- As for the reader questions and comments, Dan Frakes suggested using Transmit as an FTP client. You can find his other favorites at the Mac Gems blog.
- As to Demelza Sato’s question about why Apple computers cost more than PC computers, Dan has this chart comparing how Mac laptops stack up to Dell laptops. (In the podcast, I erroneously attribute this to Dan Miller.)
- Jason Snell, Macworld’s editorial director, answered the question as to whether the 15-inch MacBook Pros will get dual-layer DVD burners in future revisions.
- Ryu from Singapore asked about tips for podcasting. I’d suggesting reading “Start your own Podcast” from the June 2005 issue of Macworld.
We’re still giving away prizes to listeners who contribute audio comments that we wind up using in the podcast. Send me a comment no longer than two minutes—it can be a question for a Macworld editor or your take on the latest Mac news. I’d prefer the audio file to be in AIFF format, mono with as little background noise as possible. If you can’t or don’t know how to do that, do your best and we’ll pick our favorites.
Please send your comments (and any other comments or questions) to me by email.
Basic” by Epicte the Elemental. Want to hear more of his music? Need a DJ in the Washington, D.C. area? E-mail him at epicte [at] gmail [dot] com.