Macworld brings you the essential daily news and other info about all things Apple. But staying on top of that torrent of information can be a constant challenge. One solution: the Macworld Digital Edition.
Available as single copies or with a yearlong subscription, the Digital Edition comes in two forms: Enhanced and Replica. The Enhanced Edition has all the news, analysis, product reviews, and how-to’s from the print magazine, along with interactive features, videos, slideshows, and podcasts—all customized for consumption on your iPad. The Replica Edition is just like a digital copy of the print magazine, but designed for your mobile device’s touchscreen, complete with links and search capabilities.
In the October issue
In the newest Digital Edition, Editorial Director Jason Snell test-drives the prerelease version of OS X Yosemite and shares his in-depth impressions. Designed for widescreen Retina displays, and packed with a thoroughly revamped Notification Center, Spotlight, and Safari, Yosemite is shaping up to be a beautiful, exciting update.
Also in this month’s issue:
• Great apps for your Mac: Finding apps that offer a good combination of features and price is a constant challenge. We tested more than 100 apps—from productivity software to utilities to creative tools—and chose 38 gems.
• The mid-2014 iMac: Apple is focusing on budget-minded shoppers with its newest iMac model, which carries a price tag of just $1099. But that low price buys you a machine that lags behind in performance.
• Pedal to the Metal: The graphics technology announced at WWDC unlocks the potential of the A7 processor and promises to enhance both games and general-purpose software.
• Using Finder tags: With a simple seven-tag system, you can easily keep your files in order. One writer and Mac expert shows you how his setup works.
• Tips on working with the Cintiq 12WX: Learn how to take advantage of Wacom’s pen display through this illustrated guide.
• Senior Editor Dan Frakes shows how two OS X utilities—Moom and Zooom—can save you time and frustration in moving, resizing, and otherwise managing windows.
• OS X offers advanced printer tools that make adding and managing printers from your Mac easier. Even Editor Dan Miller learned some new tricks.
• Two-factor authentication is a security system that requires you to provide two pieces of information before you can log in. We explain how to set it up.
How to subscribe
Current subscribers should have already received their print issue at home; the latest issue is also out on print newsstands everywhere. As for our digital subscribers, all our digital versions are now live.
Not a subscriber?
Currently you can
subscribe to Macworld in print and receive FREE access to the
Macworld Enhanced iPad Edition for just $21.97 (for a limited time).
Interested in digital only?
We created our
Enhanced iPad Edition to bring subscribers a new experience with exciting new features designed especially for this device platform. Learn more about the Enhanced iPad Edition.
Our Replica Edition is also available in a
variety of other digital formats on