In this week’s pre-earnings-call podcast (hint: Apple makes another boatload of money) we talk about headlines hinting that there’s something wrong with one side winning and another losing in regard to acquisitions, Apple selling thisssssss many iPhones in China, the notion of Apple becoming a mobile virtual network operator, the more-visible Free on iTunes promotions, and an upcoming free version of Avid’s ProTools.
- Dennis Woodside on Motorola, Google and the future of Dropbox (The Telegraph)
- The blame game: Everything is Apple’s fault
- China likely to top US for Apple iPhone sales (CNET)
- Why Apple should go into the mobile network business
- Apple brings back free music with new iTunes promotion
- The (Unofficial) SXSW Torrents
- Stop Pirating Pro Tools: Here Comes A Free Version of the Audio Editing Software (Fast Company)
- ProTools First signup
Igloo: An intranet you’ll actually like. Sign up now and try it for free at igloosoftware.com/macworld.
Xero: Beautiful accounting software. Sign up for a free thirty-day trial at xero.com/podcasts to manage your invoicing and get paid faster!
You can subscribe to the Macworld Podcast by clicking
here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at:
You can find previous episodes of our audio podcasts at Macworld’s podcast page. And you can always send us feedback about anything you hear on the show.