Apple on Monday released watchOS 2.2, an update to the operating system for Apple Watch. The update includes new features and bug fixes.
Here’s what the release notes say is in the update:
- Adds support for pairing multiple Apple Watches to one iPhone
- Adds Nearby in Maps to browse for places around you by category, including Food, Shopping, and more
- Adds support for system language in Catalan, Croatian, Slovak, Romanian, and Ukrainian
- Adds support for dictation in Catalan, Croatian, Slovak, Romanian, Ukrainian, and English (Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Indonesia)
- Adds support for Siri in Malay, Finnish, and Hebrew
- Increases frequency of background heart rate measurements when you are stationary
Apple has a document detailing
watchOS 2.2’s security content.
iOS 9.3 on your iPhone. When installing a watch update, your watch has to be in range of your iPhone,connected to its charger, and charged to 50 percent of battery life.
Once your hardware is all set up, open the Watch app on your iPhone. Tap General > Software Update. The update is 114MB and will take several minutes.