Guess how much money Apple is planning to spend on original programming next year. Hint: Not as much as Google is paying Apple to remain the default search engine on your iPhone. Plus, Apple Watch rumors point to LTE capabilities, and iOS 11 brings some questionable design choices to your favorite native apps.
Macworld’s Oscar Raymundo, Leah Yamshon, and Michael Simon talk about these topics and more in the Macworld Podcast, episode 569.
Listen to episode 569
Here are relevant links to get more info.
Apple’s billion-dollar bid
- Apple Readies $1 Billion War Chest for Hollywood Programming [WSJ]
- How Apple will double Services business by 2020 [CNBC]
LTE Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Series 3 rumors: Apple will release an LTE and non-LTE model this fall
- An LTE Apple Watch brings lots of potential problems. Can Apple solve them all?
iOS 11 app icons redesigned
- Apple just changed the App Store logo for the first time in years [TNW]
- Why we hate it when our favorite apps get a redesign [The iPhone Show]
Google pays up
Watch us live
The Macworld Podcast broadcasts live on the internet on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. Pacific. You can watch on the Macworld Facebook page or on Twitter via Periscope.
Subscribe to the audio version
You can subscribe to the Macworld Podcast—or leave us a review!—
right here in iTunes. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at:
To find previous episodes, visit Macworld’s podcast page or our home on Soundcloud.