Apple is holding one of its big events today, and we’ll get to see some of the flashiest new ideas from the folks in Cupertino. But today’s also a good time to pay attention to some not-so-new stuff, as you’ll find good deals for both the new iPad Pros and MacBook Air over at Amazon.
First off, Amazon is offering big discounts on several configurations of the new iPad Pros with Wi-Fi. I admire Apple’s new tablet for its transition from Touch ID to Face ID (which I find well-suited for tablets) and its ability to wirelessly charge the second-generation Apple Pencil (which you’ll have to buy separately). You can read more about it in my review from November. Here’s what’s on offer:
11-inch 2018 iPad Pro with Wi-Fi
- 64GB model for $699.99 (down from $799)
- 512GB model for $999.99 (down from $1,149)
- 1TB model for $1,399.99 (down from $1,549)
12-inch 2018 iPad Pro with Wi-Fi
- 64GB model for $874.99 (down from $999)
- 256GB model for $1,067.82 (down from $1,149)
- 512GB model for $1,149.99 (down from $1,349)
- 1TB model for $1,549.99 (down from $1,749)
Amazon is also offering the latest MacBook Air for a match of the lowest price we’ve seen for it to date. It’s available in multiple colors, too. Here’s what we’ve got:
13-inch 2018 MacBook Air
- 128GB model for $999.99 (down from $1,199)
- 256GB model for $1,199.99 (down from $1,399)
Be sure to check out Jason Cross’ review from November, as Apple made some major changes to the beloved laptop. Apple ditched the beloved old keyboard in favor of its newer “butterfly” keyboard, for instance, although the Air fortunately features the quieter membrane-padded version than the clacky things we got with older MacBook Pros. It also has a small tab for Touch ID, which greatly simplifies the act of logging in and paying for items with Apple Pay.