Every day, Macworld brings you the essential daily news and other info about all things Apple. But staying on top of that torrent of information can be a constant challenge. One solution: the Macworld digital magazine.
Exclusive content in the May issue
This month we have content you won’t find anywhere else. The cover story is Protect your Mac: five simple ways to make sure your Mac and your data are secure.
In addition to the exclusive cover story, see 5 ways the new iPad Pro changes everything about Apple’s vision for the tablet computer. Plus a first look at the new MacBook Air: What it is, and what we wished it had.
Also in this month’s issue:
• MacUser: Tips for the Mac user new to working from home, plus how to add a second screen to your Mac or MacBook
• MacUser Reviews: Luminar 4, SnipTag
• iOS Central: An iPhone with no ports? Plus, learn how to open .ZIP files on your iPhone or iPad
• iOS Central Reviews: Luminar 4, SnipTag
• Working Mac: Dropbox and iCloud Drive: How each service approaches cloud storage. Plus, how to change the default font in Pages for Mac and iOS
• Playlist: How to hand off music or phone calls from your iPhone to a HomePod
• Mac 911: How to selectively choose which photos sync in Photos for Mac, plus why you might see a new “Data” disk in Catalina
Read your issues on Mac or PC
You can read any issues as part of your subscription through a browser on Mac or PC. Simply go to this link. Click on the icon in the upper right (a box with an arrow in it). Existing app users should click on ‘Already have an account?’ below the sign up form and then log in there with your Macworld digital magazine app credentials. From there you will have access to all issues that are part of your subscription.
Check out the responsive view on our platform. While in the issue, swipe to an article page (for example, MacUser), tap the screen to reveal the app menu, go to the bottom menu, and tap the text icon (bottom right). To go back to PDF view, tap the PDF icon in the same location.
You’ll need your email and subscription password to access your issues on the new platform. If you haven’t created a password for your subscription, follow the steps below.
To set up your account with a password for the Digital Edition of Macworld
- While connected to Wi-Fi, go to the Macworld app on your device. Tap the ‘Account’ icon in the bottom right. upper left menu > My Account.
- If you’re a Print or Digital Subscriber:
- Tap the ‘Sign In’ option.
- Tap the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Enter your email address and create a password. Keep your password somewhere safe.
- Tap the ‘Continue’ button.
- Go to ‘Library’ tab.
- If you’ve subscribed from within the app (in-app purchase):
- Tap ‘Restore Purchases’.
- Tap ‘Restore’.
- Go to the ‘Library’ tab.
- Download your prior pruchases
From a desktop, go to macworld.com/customer_service to create a password for your subscription. (If you read the Replica edition through Zinio, your process will not change.)
Should you need assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to help you.
Please update to the latest version of our app in the App Store.
How to subscribe
Sign up for our digital magazine. Existing subscribers can log in to access to their issues.
Our magazine can also be found through a variety of other digital newsstands such as Apple News+, Google Play, Kindle and Nook.