The days following Thanksgiving have become celebrations of their own (if you believe tearing your fellows limb from limb to obtain a bargain is worth celebrating). With that in mind we look at Black Friday’s winners and losers, examine technology trends in education, shake a disapproving finger at Yahoo for its exploitation of Flickr images, and talk a bit about the wisdom of unbundling Google search from browsers and devices.
- iOS users outspend their Android counterparts on Black Friday (TechSpot)
- Report: Microsoft Xbox One Dominates Over Sony PS4 on Black Friday (The Next Digit)
- Google sold more Chromebooks to US schools than Apple did iPads in Q3 (9to5 Google)
- Streaming Player Market Stays Hot: Study (Multichannel News)
- Fight Over Yahoo’s Use of Flickr Photos (The Wall Street Journal)
- European MPs want to carve Google up (Bloomberg)
Casper: The online retailer of premium mattresses sold for a fraction of the price of other name brands. Get $50 toward any mattress purchase by visiting www.casper.com/macworld and using offer code macworld.
Boom 2 by Global Digital: Download a free trial and when you’re ready to buy, get 20 percent off with the coupon code macworld.
You can subscribe to the Macworld Podcast by clicking here. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at: