Glances in Apple Watch are designed to provide snippets of information without having to take out your iPhone. Glances can include weather info, traffic updates, and activity graphs. To access your Glances, all you have to do is swipe up on the watch face.
Glances are an integral part of the Apple Watch experience, but do you know how to add, remove, and reorder them? Here’s what you need to know.
How to add Glances on Apple Watch
When initially setting up Apple Watch, if you select “Install all apps automatically,” then any Apple Watch companion app that has an accompanying Glance will automatically be added to your Glances line-up.
If you manually organize your Apple Watch apps, you have to manually add the accompanying Glance when you install the app on your Watch. Here’s how.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone with your Apple Watch connected.
- Scroll down to the list of third party Apple Watch compatible apps and install your chosen app.
- Once it has been installed, simply toggle Show in Glances to add it. It’ll appear on your Apple Watch the next time Glances are accessed.
There’s another way of adding Glances.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap on My Watch and then the Glances menu.
- You’ll see a list of all the Glances already installed on your Apple Watch, as well as a list of Glances ready to install.
- To install a new Glance, simply tap the green “+” icon next to its name to add it to the list.
How to reorder Glances on Apple Watch
- In the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap on My Watch and then the Glances menu.
- You’ll see a list of all the Glances on your Apple Watch.
- Tap, hold and drag hold and drag the three-lined icon next to the Glance you want to move.
How to remove Glances on Apple Watch
- Access the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap on My Watch and then the Glances menu.
- Tap the red “-” icon next to the Glance that you’d like to remove
- Tap Remove to complete the process.
Alternatively, you can scroll down the main menu to access the list of third party apps that are compatible with the Apple Watch, select the app whose Glance you’d like to remove, and deselect Show in Glances.
This story, "How to add, reorder, and remove Glances on Apple Watch" was originally published by Macworld U.K..