While you’re busy upgrading to iOS 9 (or trying to decide if you should upgrade in the first place) you can also update iTunes. Apple on Wednesday released iTunes 12.3, which you can update through the App Store.
According to the release notes. iTunes 12.9 adds support for iOS 9 and is designed to work with OS X El Capitan, Apple next version of OS X, which will be released on September 30. Once you upgrade your iOS devices to iOS 9, you need iTunes 12.3; your iOS 9 device won't appear in iTunes 12.2.
Apple says that iTunes 12.3 also:
- Improves Apple Music accessibility with VoiceOver
- Resolves a problem that prevented reordering of songs within Up Next
- Fixes a problem where some radio stations did not appear within Recently Played
- Addresses an issue where songs you loved on iOS did not appear loved on iTunes
- Supports two-factor authentication to secure your Apple ID
- Improves overall stability and performance