We here at Macworld have decided to experiment with the podcast format. So we’ve taken a page from the magazine and inaugurated the Geek Factor podcast, covering tech topics on an irregular basis.
Cyrus Farivar, who has written for Macworld, the New York Times, and Wired News, among others, is the host of this Podcast. In this third 26-minute installment, the topic of choice is Case Modding—modifying a Mac’s case to create unique and interesting computer designs. Cyrus interviews Kent Salas, a Mac modder also known as “riscx.”
Listen to episode 3
To subscribe to the Geek Factor Podcast RSS feed (for easy downloading via iPodder, NetNewsWire 2, or other podcast-savvy RSS readers), point your newsreader of choice here or, to spell it out,
Want more or different podcasts? Let us know what you want to hear from Macworld in the attached forum thread, linked below.
Show notes (with commentary from Kent Salas)
Mac Modding Community: Resource Sites
- www.applefritter.com: The old-school Mac mod/hack site, with a knowledgeable modding community.
- macmod.com: A new and impressive Mac mod site.
- xlr8yourmac: Daily Mac info and occasionally a very smart hardware hack/mod.
Buying mod parts
- eBay: I’ve wasted copious amounts of dollars here. Knowing what you’re looking for helps.
- SVC Online Store: Great prices. Bought all my “PyraMac” mods here.
- FrozenCPU.com: Formerly PCMods.com. Nice selection.
- cyberguys.com: Great hardware selection and prices.
- crazypc.com: Another mod supply site.
- thinkgeek.com: Geek gadgets, fun fun fun.
Kent “riscx” Salas Mods