Along with iOS 10.1, Apple on Monday released watchOS 3.1, an update to its operating system for the Apple Watch.
To install the update, your Apple Watch needs to be in proximity of your iPhone that has a Wi-Fi connection, and the Watch needs to have at least a 50 percent charge and be connected to your charger. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone. Then tap General > Software Update. Tap Download and Install when you’re ready for the installation.
According to Apple’s release notes, watchOS 3.1 includes the following:
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects in Messages
- Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled
- Fixes an issue that could cause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice
- Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging
- Resolves an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some third-party apps
Apple also has a list of the security content in watchOS 3.1.