Updated 6/18/18 to reflect the inventory change in the store.
Looking for a way to save some money on the latest Apple products? Consider a refurbished MacBook, refurbished iPhone, or refurbished iPad from the Apple Certified Refurbished store. A refurbished product is just like a new, but at a lower price.
Here’s a quick guide with links to the best deals you can find on the refurb store, along with a FAQ guide if you want to know more about the ins and outs of the Apple Certified Refurbished store and buying a refurbished MacBook, desktop Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
Refurbished iPhone: The best deals
As of this writing, the store has the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus available. There used to be iPhone 6s and 6s Plus models, and there are no iPhone X models. Check back if those are the phones you really want.
Which iPhone should you buy? Rose Gold is a popular color, and you can get a Rose Gold iPhone 7 in the refurb store. We’d go with the Refurbished iPhone 7 128GB - Rose Gold for $589, which is $60 less than a new model.
Other refurbished iPhones to consider
- Refurbished iPhone 7 128GB - Black
- Refurbished iPhone 7 128GB - Gold
- Refurbished iPhone 7 128GB - Jet Black
- Refurbished iPhone 7 128GB - Silver
Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Pro: The best deals
Apple’s stock ebbs and flows. Sometimes there are several current MacBook Pro models to choose from, while other times the selection is small. Some are standard configurations, while others are customized built-to-order models.
At this writing, Apple has a few 2017 models from which to choose.
Which 13.3-inch MacBook Pro should you buy? Apple has Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Pro 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with Retina display (no Touch Bar) in either Silver or Space Gray. This laptop is $1,099, which is $200 cheaper than a brand new model.
Other refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Pros to consider
- 2017 Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Pro 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with Retina display (Touch Bar) in Silver or Space Gray for $1,529. You'll save $270 over a new model.
Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro: The best deals
As of this writing, Apple's inventory of these laptops is pretty small. Grab a laptop while you can.
Which 15.4-inch MacBook Pro should you buy? The 2017 Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 with Retina display is available in Silver or Space Gray for $2,039. You'll save $360 over a new laptop.
Refurbished MacBook: The best deals
MacBook stock runs out quickly. In early May, Apple has several 2017 models. Now, there are no MacBook models available in the refurb store. Check back at a later date.
Refurbished MacBook Air: The best deals
The refurb store sells only 13.3-inch models from 2015 and 2017—sorry, no 11-inch models.
Refurbished iPad: The best deals
The refurb store can be a good place to save some money on an iPad, though might actually find better deals on brand-new iPads from Best Buy and other non-Apple retailers.
Other refurbished iPads to consider
- 2017 Refurbished 9.7-inch iPad Wi-Fi 128GB in Gold. It’s $309, which is $90 lower than the original price. (Note that this is not the new model with Apple Pencil support.)
Refurbished Apple Watch: The best deals
The refurb store stock for the Apple Watch varies greatly. If you don't see something you like, check back later.
Refurbished 21.5-inch iMac: The best deals
The refurb store finally has a few 2017 21.5-inch iMacs, after only having 2015 models.
- 2017 Refurbished 21.5-inch iMac 3.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with Retina 4K display for $1,099. This is $200 lower than the original price. A pretty good deal.
- 2017 Refurbished 21.5-inch iMac 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 for $929. A $170 savings over the original price. This iMac has a standard display with a screen resolution 1920x1080 pixels.
Refurbished 27-inch iMac: The best deals
The refurb inventory of the 27-inch iMac is limited. Act quickly.
Which 27-inch iMac should you buy? Apple is selling the 2017 Refurbished 27-inch iMac 3.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with Retina 5K display for $1,949, which is $350 off a new version.
Refurbished Mac mini: The best deals
In April, Apple had no Mac minis for sale. It’s a different story as of this writing. Grab one now before they run out.
Which Mac mini should you buy? Apple has only the Refurbished Mac Mini 1.4GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5 model. It has only 4GB of memory but it’s only $419, a savings of $80 from a new one.
Refurbished iMac Pro: The best deals
Apple now has stock of the iMac Pro, which was originally released last December. The iMac Pro is Apple’s Mac for the most demanding users.
Which iMac Pro should you buy? We like the base 8-core iMac Pro, especially if you’re looking to upgrade from a 5K iMac. The Refurbished 27-inch iMac Pro 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W with Retina 5K display is $4,249, which is $750 cheaper than a brand-new version.
Refurbished Mac Pro: The best deals
The Mac Pro hasn’t changed much since its release in 2013. Apple refreshed the line in April 2017, but all it did was increase the number of cores used in each model. The lack of drastic changes means you can get a good deal on a refurbished model.
- Refurbished Mac Pro 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 for $2,549. This is the current low-end Mac Pro, and a brand new model costs $450 more.
- Refurbished Mac Pro 3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 for $3,399. The brand-new version of this Mac is $600 more.