How do the Meltdown and Spectre CPU vulnerabilities affect Apple users? Is iPhone addition a problem? And does the recent Consumer Electronics Show mean anything for Apple? We also feature your comments and questions for Michael Simon, Jason Cross, Roman Loyola, and Dan Masaoka in the Macworld Podcast, episode 588.
Here are relevant links to get more info on the stuff discussed on the show.
- Apple’s iOS 11.2.2 Spectre patch probably won’t slow down your iPhone, but here’s what to do if it does
- Meltdown and Spectre FAQ: How the critical CPU flaws affect PCs and Macs (PCWorld)
- It’s Time for Apple to Build a Less Addictive iPhone (New York Times)
- Open Letter from Jana Partners and CalSTRS to Apple Inc. (Jana Partners)
- Apple’s Indirect Presence Fades from CES (Tech.pinions)
Watch us live
Subscribe to the audio version
You can subscribe to the Macworld Podcast—or leave us a review!—right here in iTunes. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at: