Apple announced the dates for its Worldwide Developers Conference. Can Fitbit compete with the Apple Watch? At SXSW, Apple’s Eddy Cue announced that the company acquired Texture. We also feature your comments and questions for Leif Johnson, Michael Simon, Roman Loyola, and Dan Masaoka in the Macworld Podcast, episode 596.
Here are relevant links to get more info on the stuff we will discuss on the show.
- WWDC 2018 will be held from June 4-8 in San Jose
- Apple’s event calendar: When is the next Apple event?
- The Seven-Year Itch: How Apple’s Marriage to Siri Turned Sour (The Information, subscription required)
- How the new Versa and Ace will help Fitbit fight Apple Watch and ‘win the family’
- Apple to acquire digital magazine subscription service Texture
- Apple’s Eddy Cue talks content, Texture, free speech, and the future in SXSW appearance (AppleInsider)
Before the show, we asked (via Twitter) what music service do you use. Here are the results.
Watch us live
Subscribe to the audio version
You can subscribe to the Macworld Podcast—or leave us a review!—right here in iTunes. Or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader at: