At a Glance
- Encourages good posture by raising laptop closer to eye level
- MacBook cooling potential
- attractive design
- Heavy and bulky so barely portable
- requires separate keyboard and mouse
- no height adjustment settings
- health benefits may not be obvious to all
Rain Design highlights the benefits of using your MacBook at eye level and during tests we found this to be true, with seemingly better posture, and less strain on eyes and limbs.
If your ergonomic budget can stretch to a separate keyboard and mouse then the
mStand should be your first choice.
Solid yet stylish, the stand lifts your MacBook to a more healthy height for viewing your work. It’s a simple solution that might also be achieved with a stack of books, but the mStand clearly looks more attractive on your desk.
The single piece of aluminium, with an anodised finish, is heavy and not particularly portable, so you’ll need to keep some dedicated desk space for the mStand. The clever design has space for a cable organiser and keyboard recess when it’s not in use, and it appears to work well as a MacBook heat sink.