If you have already watched everything on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ and every other service except for Apple TV+ then you will be excited to learn that Apple is making certain shows free to watch for a limited time.
You could already watch Apple TV+ free for a week, and show premieres were free to watch, but now Apple is making entire series free to watch.
In the US these shows became free on Thursday 9 April, in the UK they went free from Saturday 11 April.
What you can watch for free on Apple TV+
Here’s what you’ll be able to watch for free:
- The Elephant Queen – documentary about a family of elephants
- Little America – stories of American immigrants co-written by Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon who wrote The Big Sick
- Servant – psychological thriller about a Philadelphia couple and a mysterious force that enters their home after a tragic event
- For All Mankind – space drama comes from Star Trek veteran Ronald D. Moore
- Dickinson – coming-of-age comedy about the early life of American poet Emily Dickinson
- Helpsters – Helpsters features a new muppet, called Cody. Cody is described as “a monster who loves to help
- Ghostwriter – four kids who must release fictional characters from works of literature with help from a ghost
- Snoopy in Space – Snoopy become a Nasa astronaut
You can also watch the Oprah Talks on COVID-19.
The Morning Show and See are not being given away for free.
Here’s our complete run through of
all the shows on, or coming to, Apple TV+.
How to watch free shows on Apple TV+
Here’s what you need to do if you want to watch these shows for free:
- Open the TV app on your iPad, iPhone, Mac, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire stick, or supported TV (find out
which devices work with Apple TV here).
- Sign in to the TV app with your Apple ID.
- Find the show you want to watch – you’ll find a “Free on Apple TV” section that includes the free options listed in this article above.
- You will be able to watch every episode of these shows without subscribing to the Apple TV+ service (once Apple makes them available).
We also have this article about
how to watch Apple TV+ for free.
And if you haven’t started watching Disney+ yet:
Here’s how to get Disney+ on Apple TV, iPhone and iPad.