It’s been an interesting 2021 for Apple watchers, with a number of appealing product launches (such as the
third-gen AirPods, at long last) and a few significant absences too. But the latest report suggests that the year 2022 will make up for these disappointments, bringing among other things the biggest MacBook Air update ever and a new, more durable version of the Apple Watch.
In a hefty helping of leaks in the latest
Power On newsletter, Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman has claimed to reveal all of Apple’s 2022 product launch plans. As with all rumours, the information should be taken with a grain of salt, but Gurman has a long history of guessing correctly about upcoming Apple products: at time of writing he has an 87% accuracy rating
Here’s what Gurman predicts for next year.
- An all-new
MacBook Air with an M2 processor and a new design.
- New versions (yep, versions plural) of the
- A new entry-level MacBook Pro.
- A “high-end”
new Mac Pro with Apple Silicon.
new iPad Pro with updated design and wireless charging support.
- Updates for the
- Updates for the entry-level iPad.
- A new
iPhone 14 series of handsets in the autumn.
new iPhone SE with 5G. We think this will land in the spring.
Apple Watch launches
- An updated Apple Watch SE.
Apple Watch Series 8.
- A new more durable Apple Watch model, designed for extreme athletes. We’ve previously heard (from the same source!) that this will be called the
Apple Watch Sport and feature a shock-resistant design.
Last but not least…
- Apple’s mixed-reality (AR/VR) headset, which – if released – could well be the biggest Apple news of the year. Note that the latest reports suggest that while this is likely to be
announced in 2022, it may not go on sale until the following year.
For an in-depth examination of the Apple launches we can expect next year, read
New Apple products coming in 2022.
This article originally appeared on
Macworld Sweden. Translation (using
DeepL) and additional reporting by David Price.