Macworld Digital Magazine FAQs
Subscription Account Access
Here you can change your address, pay your bill, inquire about a missing issue, and ask other questions. Answers to commonly asked questions are provided in the FAQ below.
Newsstand, monthly recurring subscriptions, and single purchases
- Buy monthly recurring subscriptions and single purchase issues »
- We also can be found on these others newsstands »
Frequently Asked Questions – Macworld Magazine
Answers to questions you may have about your Macworld subscription:
- How can I contact Macworld about my subscription?
- When will my subscription begin?
- How do I change the email address where I am currently receiving Macworld?
- What is the benefit the Macworld Digital Magazine app?
- How do I get my digital issues?
- Do I need to be connected to the Internet to read my digital issues?
- How do I use bookmarks in the magazine?
- All of the text disappeared on the screen. How do I get it back?
- How do I read the issue in the responsive view?
- How can I delete a downloaded issue from my library, or restore it after it’s deleted?
- I already have a subscription to the Macworld Digital Edition through Zinio. Can I get those issues in the Macworld Digital Magazine app instead?
- Will Zinio work with my device? What devices are supported?
- Where can I download the Zinio Reader app?
- Where do I go if I have technical questions about the Zinio Reader?
- Do you make my name available to other companies?
- What do I do if I encounter a problem that isn’t mentioned here?
If your question is not answered here or if you need to contact us for any reason, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name, address and email address that is used to receive your subscription
When will my subscription begin?
Your subscription will begin immediately, and your first issue will be available to download once you place your order.
How do I change the email address where I am currently receiving Macworld?
Simply login to the Customer Care site. On this site you can enter the new email address that you would like to use to continue your subscription.
What is the benefit of the Macworld Digital Magazine app?
Our Macworld app offers a responsive view to optimize reading regardless of device size, and features live links, landscape and portrait reading, pinch and zoom capabilities and full library search.
How do I get my digital issues?
Macworld issues currently go on sale the 3rd Tuesday of each month, for the following month. (Example: The May 2020 issue goes on sale Tuesday, April 21st).
Please note, Holidays and other factors may very occasionally cause this date to shift a day.
To access your digital issues, choose either of the options below.
Option 1. (easiest)
For browser-based access on any device (desktop/pc and mobile), follow the instructions below for our “web app”:
a. Visit: https://macworldbax.zinioapps.com
b. Click the icon in far upper right corner and select “Register”
c. Register using your email address and a new password of your choice
d. Once in, click “My Library” to access your issues as they become available
An iOS and Android app is available on the App Store and Google Play for mobile phones and tablets. Use the following directions to install and get access to your issues:
a. Tap on Account
b. Tap on Sign In
c. Tap on Print + Digital Subscriber
d. Enter your email address, tap Continue
e. Create a password
f. Tap on the Library tab to access your issues.
Do I need to be connected to the internet to read my digital issues?
No, not to read the issue, but you will need an internet connection to download the issue and access video and live links. For best results when downloading your issues, we recommend that you have broadband connection to the Internet. Dial-up users should have at least a 56K modem. When accessing the issue via desktop or laptop via Zinio’s website, you must be connected to the internet.
How do I use bookmarks in the magazine?
If you would like to bookmark a page, simply tap anywhere on the page you wish to bookmark to bring up bottom menu bar. Tap the star icon. To retrieve your bookmarks, tap anywhere to reveal th app menus and tap the star in the upper right corner. It will take you to My Bookmarks. All the bookmarks save for an issue should be listed there.
All of the text disappeared on the screen and it’s blank. How do I get it back?
Swipe either left or right to reload the page.
How do I read the issue in the responsive view?
While in the issue, swipe to any article in a section like MacUser or iOS Central, tap once anywhere on screen to reveal the app menus.
Tap the first icon at bottom above thumbnail images and the issue will load in our responsive format.
To return to the flat layout, tap once to bring up the app menus and tap the first icon at the bottom menu.
How can I delete a downloaded issue from my library, or restore it after it’s deleted?
From the My Library, screen to delete an issue from your device library, tap and hold for 2 seconds on the cover you wish to delete. It will reveal the Delete button for all issues. Tap Delete. To restore an issue, tap Issues in the blue box at the bottom of your screen to bring up avaliable issues. Tap the cover that you wish to download and it will reveal the Download |Subscribe | Preview options. Tap Download.
I already have a subscription to the Macworld Digital Edition through Zinio. Can I get those issues in the Macworld Digital Magazine app instead?
No, the subscription processes are different. If you prefer to receive Macworld through the our app, you’ll need to cancel your existing subscription with Zinio by emailing email@example.com. Once you have cancelled you can subscribe to the Macworld Digital Edition with Zinio. Click here to subscribe directly with us.
Will Zinio work with my device? What devices are supported?
The Zinio platform works on nearly any browser, and also have a variety of apps and software for nearly any device.
Where can I download the Zinio Reader app?
You can download the Zinio Reader here.
Where do I go if I have technical questions about the Zinio Reader?
Please go to Zinio Help for answers to additional technical questions you might have. Questions can also be directed to Zinio Customer Service; visitwww.zinio.com/hel or call them at 888-946-4666, Monday through Friday, from 7AM to 6PM (Pacific).
Do you make my name available to other companies?
From time to time we make our subscribers’ names available to other reputable companies whose products or services we feel may interest you. Many of our subscribers find this is a valuable and timesaving service. If, however, you do not wish to have your name made available, just send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with this request.
If you would like to reduce the amount of unsolicited mail or telemarketing calls you receive, you can have your name and address added to the Direct Marketing Association’s Mail Preference Service and/or Telephone Preference Service. Just write to the following addresses. Make sure you include your name and address as well as any different spellings or presentations of your name that could be on a mailing list. Include area code and telephone number for the Telephone Preference Service only.
Direct Marketing Association
Mail Preference Service
P.O. Box 9008
Farmingdale, NY 11735-9008
Direct Marketing Association
Telephone Preference Service
P.O. Box 9014
Farmingdale, NY 11735-9014
For more information: dmachoice.org
What do I do if I encounter a problem that isn’t mentioned here?
Send an email to Macworld Customer Service at email@example.com. Please describe the problem with as many details as possible, and be sure to include the answers to the following questions:
- Which model iPad or device are you using?
- Which version of the app are you using?
- What iOS version are you using? (You can find out by going to the Settings app on your iPad and selecting the General option and then the About option. Look to Version on that screen to get the version number.)
- Were other apps running in the background when you first encountered the problem? (To check this, press the iPad’s circular Home button twice quickly to reveal your running apps in the multitasking bar at the bottom of the screen.)
- How strong is your Wi-Fi connection? New magazine issues can’t download over a 3G connection.
For questions or technical support about your iPad itself, please contact Apple for support issues about the device or iOS.